The Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass is worth buying for most players. While the $34.99 price tag may seem steep at first, you get tremendous value across the 50 cars included in the pass. For collectors who want to amass an awe-inspiring garage, the convenience and variety of the Car Pass makes it a smart investment.
As a long-time Forza fan, I‘ve bought every Car Pass since Forza Horizon 3. After putting over 100 hours into FH5, I firmly believe the Car Pass is well worth the cost for most players. In this guide, we‘ll dive deep on everything the Car Pass gets you and why it‘s a must-buy for serious car lovers.
What‘s Included in the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass?
The Car Pass grants you access to 50 total vehicles dripped out weekly for free. Here is the full list of included cars:
|Honda||Civic Type R|
|Ford||Mustang Mach-E 1400|
|Ford||F-150 Raptor TractionKontrol|
|Mercedes-AMG||GT Black Series|
|Lexus||IS 500 F SPORT Performance|
|Jeep||Wrangler Rubicon 392|
|Ford||Shelby F-150 Super Snake|
|TVR||Cerbera Speed 12|
|Aston Martin||Vulcan AMR Pro|
|Audi||RS 3 LMS|
|Ford||Mustang Stock Car|
|Alumi Craft||Class 10 Race Car|
|Lexus||IS 350 F SPORT|
|Donkervoort||D8 GTO JD70 R|
|Audi||RS 7 Sportback|
|Mitsubishi||Lancer Evolution X GSR|
|Honda||Civic Coupe GRC|
|Audi||RS 4 Avant|
In addition, you gain early access to 8 Formula Drift Car Packs featuring iconic drift cars from the competitive drifting scene:
- Formula Drift Car Pack
- Formula Drift Car Pack 2
- Formula Drift Car Pack 3
- Formula Drift Car Pack 4
- Formula Drift Car Pack 5
- Formula Drift Car Pack 6
- Formula Drift Car Pack 7
- Formula Drift Car Pack 8
That‘s 42 regular cars across a wide span of makes and models plus 8 Formula Drift packs with 3 cars each, totaling an impressive 50 new vehicles.
Having this many awesome cars added regularly is a game changer. As a car collector, you‘ll always have an exciting new ride coming soon. And the Formula Drift packs deliver an entirely new style of driving to master in FH5.
How Much Does the Car Pass Cost?
The Car Pass is available separately for $34.99. However, it‘s also included with the Premium Add-Ons Bundle for Forza Horizon 5 priced at $49.99.
Here‘s what you get in each FH5 edition:
|Deluxe||$79.99||Base Game + Car Pass|
|Premium||$99.99||Base Game + Car Pass + VIP + Expansions + Welcome Pack|
Only the Premium Edition contains the full slate of Forza Horizon 5 DLC. In addition to the Car Pass, the Premium Edition packs in:
- VIP Membership: Exclusive cars, cosmetics, 2x race rewards
- Expansions Bundle: Hot Wheels DLC, 1 unannounced expansion
- Welcome Pack: Free house, exclusive clothing
To get everything Forza Horizon 5 offers, the Premium Edition is the way to go. But you can also buy the $49.99 Premium Add-Ons Bundle separately if you already own the Standard or Deluxe Editions.
Overall, $34.99 for the Car Pass gets you tremendous value. Let‘s compare it to acquiring the cars through other methods.
Alternatives to Buying the Car Pass
While the Car Pass guarantees you all 50 vehicles, there are some alternative options for acquiring cars. However, these prove far more limiting than the Car Pass:
Earn In-Game Credits
- Every Car Pass car can be purchased with in-game credits
- You earn ~100,000 CR per hour through races and challenges
- Car Pass cars cost 2,000,000 CR on average from Autoshow
- 20+ hours of grinding to buy all cars – not time effective
Buy Cars Individually
- Car Pass cars sold separately as DLC for ~$2 per car
- Buying all 50 cars individually would cost $100+
- Much pricier than $34.99 Car Pass for everything
Snipe Auction House Deals
- Bid on rare cars sold by other players in Auction House
- Success depends entirely on luck of right listings
- Can sometimes get cars cheap but unreliably
Earn Free Cars from Wheelspins
- Wheelspins award free cars, credits, clothes etc.
- But odds of winning Car Pass car are extremely low
- Expect repeat low-end cars rather than gems
Probability of Acquiring Car Pass Car from Wheelspin
Only Epic rarity cars have a chance of being Car Pass vehicles. With a measly 1% probability, grinding Wheelspins to get Car Pass cars is an exercise in frustration.
As we can see, the Car Pass is far and away the most affordable and convenient method for obtaining its selection of cars. There are no realistic alternatives that match its simplicity and value.
Key Advantages of Buying the Car Pass
After examining the Car Pass contents and pricing, here are the biggest benefits of purchasing it:
Guaranteed Access to 50 Awesome Vehicles
- Includes some of the most exciting cars in Forza Horizon 5
- No luck or grinding needed to add them to your collection
Formula Drift Car Packs
- Deliver an entirely new drifting and racing experience
- Fun and unique way to enjoy the game‘s physics
Cars Added Weekly
- Gives you something new to look forward to each session
- Staggered system keeps things fresh long-term
Costs Much Less Than Buying Individually
- Individual car DLC would total over $100
- Car Pass offers bulk discount for full lineup
Saves Dozens of Hours of Grinding
- Obtaining in-game would require ridiculous farming
- Why waste 20+ hours when you can get them all now?
Flex Your Collection
- Fill your garage with the rarest and most desirable cars
- Low chance of acquiring through standard gameplay
Overall, the Car Pass simplifies expanding your lineup with some of the best cars in FH5. The value is outstanding, and it eliminates the grind and luck otherwise required.
Potential Drawbacks of the Car Pass
For all its benefits, the Car Pass isn‘t without some downsides to consider:
Costs Real Money
- $34.99 isn‘t cheap, especially after buying base game
- You can technically get the cars for free through gameplay
Doesn‘t Include Other DLC
- Only covers car packs, not VIP, Expansions etc.
- Those come with Premium Edition or Add-Ons Bundle
Weekly Rollout Can Feel Slow
- Only receiving 1-2 cars per week can feel limiting
- Some may want full access immediately
Not Everyone Cares for Car Collecting
- Players focused only on competitive racing or exploration won‘t find as much value
- Completionists and collectors benefit most
You May Not Love Every Vehicle
- With 50 cars, there may be some duds you‘re not thrilled to own
- But diversity of lineup also exposes you to new vehicles
For most players, these cons don‘t outweigh the pros. But they are factors to weigh if you are on the fence. Even with a couple downsides, the Car Pass remains a excellent investment for gearheads who want to amass a world-class lineup.
Final Verdict: The Car Pass Is a Must-Buy for Serious Collectors
After running down everything included and examining the alternatives, the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass is clearly worth purchasing for $34.99. The curated selection of vehicles lets you acquire sought-after cars that could take dozens of hours to obtain otherwise.
From outstanding supercars like the McLaren Senna to drift specialties like the Formula Drift packs, there is fabulous variety. Having exciting new cars added weekly enhances long-term enjoyment and provides fresh goals.
Could you grind out credits to eventually buy the cars? Technically, but it would require ridiculous farming. Could you get lucky with wheelspins? Probably not, unless you have endless patience. For the cost of a nice dinner, you gain immediate access to 50 top-tier cars without hassle.
As an expert with experience in every Forza Horizon game, I can confidently recommend the Car Pass. It excellently complements the base experience with more vehicles to lust after. For collectors who live for expanding their garage, it‘s an inexpensive way to open up more of what Forza Horizon 5 offers.
If I‘ve helped convince you on the value and fun the Car Pass provides, buckle up and get ready to tear through Mexico in style my friend! Let me know if you have any other FH5 topics you want explored. Until next time, enjoy the Horizon life!