Apple pay is used on millions of websites as a payment option. What about Amazon, does the Amazon online store accept Apple pay?
Amazon provides online shoppers with millions of products with multiple and safe payment options. Unfortunately, Apple pay is not among them, but they accept Apple cards.
What is an apple card? It is a subset of apple pay that allows a safe and convenient shopping experience and is hence used by millions of customers for shopping. With an Apple card, online payment is a matter of point click, pay, and ship. Keep reading to find out more…..
One of the important assets any eCommerce or online store desires is a reliable and trusted payment solution like Apple Pay. Amazon, a multinational organization in the US is not left out. They offer a vast range of products on their website and need the ease that a dependable payment service offers them. But is Apple pay acceptable on Amazon? In this post, we’ll provide answers to this and a couple of other related questions.
Difference between Apple pay and Apple card
Apple card is a feature of apple pay that provides card payment solutions online and connected to your bank account. As such, it is accepted as a payment solution on Amazon.
On the other hand, Apple pay is a payment option that’s often confined to Apple devices such as iPad and iPhone.
Why does Amazon not accept Apple Pay?
Adding apple pay to Amazon is like trying to put a building inside another building. Amazon is a complex and complete system on its own, and they only offer online/digital products and services. The iconic payment method is gigantic with multiple parts like the apple card which is a monster on its own.
So, personal opinion, I think not adding it is a way of not overloading the system. Also, remember that part of the apple pay service includes card money transfer and in-person services, which Amazon does not offer.
How to use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone
You can use Apple Pay on Amazon, buy with a card. Here is how to do it:
- Enter your card details in your apple card as you do when making an Amazon payment.
- Go to your Amazon account to input your card payment option by adding card info like card digits, security codes, expiry date, etc.
- After entering the correct date, save your card as your payment choice on amazon, and start enjoying the benefit of using the card on the system.
How to use Apple pay on Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service provided by Amazon, which offers members assess to discounts, entertainment, free shipping service, and so on.
Here is how to use Apple pay on Amazon Prime using your credit card as well:
- On your favorite browser visit Amazon.com
- Look for an arrow close to “account and list” you can find it near the search icon under your name.
- Tap the “your account”
- Choose payment options under the “Ordering and shopping preferences” list.
- Navigate downwards to debit or credit cards. If you are a returning customer, you do not need to retype your details. However, if you are a new customer, you’ll need to enter your Apple card details.
How to use Apple pay on Amazon without a card
Amazon does not accept Apple pay because its fully online platform is not compatible with Apple Pay's offline/in-person shopping platform. However, they accept Apple cards. Unfortunately, this is where it stops with amazon, as payment outside apple card is not acceptable.
So you can only use an apple card at checkout or through your Amazon account. At checkout, you will be presented with lists of payment options including an option to pay via your saved Apple Card. But if you are a new client, it means your card is not saved in the system, so you will need to enter it via your Amazon account.
How to use App pay on the Amazon app
Your Apple card, which is only permitted in Amazon, can be used for payment via Amazon. The Amazon app makes shopping and payment a breeze. Shop for millions of products and easily make payments via an apple card.
How? First, you need to download the Amazon Shopping App into your phone, browse for products, pick your choice and click on checkout when you need to pay. If you have your apple card already saved, the system will prompt you to pay with your saved card. But if your card is not saved in the system, add it through your account, you can learn How to Make Apple Pay work on Amazon from CherryPicks.
How to pay for Amazon with Apple Pay
After browsing the Amazon store for products and you need to checkout, use an apple card. If you have not added your card yet, go straight to your account section and follow the prompts on adding your card. But if you have a card already saved, clicking on checkout is all that is required to make payment.
How to add your Apple card to your Amazon account
You can add your Apple card to your Amazon account. Here are the steps to get it done:
- Using your favorite browser, go to Amazon.com
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- In the account, locate the payment options
- Navigate down and type in the new card details and click on the new card.
- Pick the billing contact that fits the one on your apple card
- Confirm the new payment option. Congratulations, you can start using your apple card on Amazon for purchases ok not.
How to check your apple details via wallet App
Your Apple Card has all current expenses you make at any particular time, including the balance brought forward from the previous month's expenses. So if your card has monthly installment expenses, it will display the current charges on monthly installments. To check your spending and balances:
- Go to the sidebar, tap on payment, and your available credit will be displayed under the card balance.
- For comprehensive details like credit or balance limit, full installment, tap on the balance detail button.
- If you need to cancel or view planned payment, from card.apple.com, locate the scheduled payment listed within the payment section.
How to use Apple cards or Apple Wallet Cards on Amazon
Amazon accepts Apple Wallet and Apple cards as payment gateways. Here’s how to use these payment solutions on Amazon:
- On your Amazon account, select the products you wish to buy
- Click on checkout
- Amazon will display different options of payment, click on pay with an Apple Card, and the system will automatically charge your card.
How to pay on Amazon – accepted payment methods
Apart from the Apple card, Amazon has many other payment options. Below are some of them:
- Discover network: Accept major credit cards and operates online banking, and clients can receive cashback per transaction.
- Visa, Mastercard, America Express, and gift card: payment is via card, which should be added to the system for convenience.
- China Union Pay: offers card payment, supported in 170 countries, and performs payment electronification with ACH or checks.
- NYCE: offer reliable debit card payment for the US and the world.
- JCB: They do not offer cards, but their partnership with American Express and Discover allows holders to use them wherever it is available.
- STAR: Offers anywhere and any time access to enable payment via any channel. All payment methods are allowed.
- Amazon Star Card: Allow you to make a one-off payment on amazon
- Amazon gift card: A redeemable card to order any products or services sold in Amazon.
Which stores accept Apple Pay?
Many retail stores, both brick & mortar as well as online platforms, offer Apple pay solutions. Some of these include:
- Adidas: Offers sporting products and accepts apple pay
- B&H: They offer photography, computers, TVs, and many other products. They accept Apple pay plus other options of payment.
- C. Penny: They are the top online store for shoes, bags, etc.
- Amazon: Offers millions of products and accepts numerous payment options including, apple cards.
- Levi’s: They invented blue jeans and reinvented khaki pants brands like Dockers, Denizen, Signature, etc.
Amazon accepts many payment solutions, but not Apple pay. However, you can use Apple card and other card payment solutions to pay for your purchases.
With that said, we come to the end of this post. Hope you found it very helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, be sure to drop them in the comments section down below.