Hey there! Planning a visit to the Mint Gaming Hall in Cumberland, Maryland? As a fellow gaming enthusiast, I know you‘re probably curious about their drink policy. Well, you‘ve come to the right place!
In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll give you all the details on whether drinks are free at the Mint Gaming Hall, what‘s on their drink menu, responsible drinking tips, and how to take advantage of casino comps.
All About the Mint Gaming Hall
Let me start by giving you an overview of the Mint Gaming Hall itself so you know what to expect.
The Mint Gaming Hall opened fairly recently in 2021. It‘s owned by Parx Interactive, which also operates the popular Parx Casino in Pennsylvania.
Some key facts for you about the Mint Gaming Hall:
- Location: Cumberland, MD
- Size: Approximately 30,000 square feet, so it‘s a good sized venue
- Games: It has 500 slot machines and 12 table games including blackjack, roulette, craps, baccarat
- Amenities: There‘s a full-service restaurant and several bar/lounge areas, plus live entertainment
Based on my own visit, I can tell you the interior is really modern and upscale. Concrete floors, mint and gold accents, exposed ductwork – it has an urban industrial vibe that‘s inviting.
There are multiple places to eat, drink, and just hang out so you can take a break from the action whenever you want.
Now let‘s get to the juicy details about their drink policy!
Are Drinks Free at the Mint Gaming Hall?
The short answer is: no, drinks are not free.
The Mint Gaming Hall serves beer, wine, cocktails and other alcoholic drinks which you have to purchase. There is no complimentary alcohol.
Here are the key things to know:
They have full liquor licenses and well-stocked bars throughout the facility.
Drink prices range from $5 for domestic beers up to $15+ for premium cocktails.
You must be 21+ to buy or consume alcohol (it‘s the law in Maryland). Photo ID is required.
They do not comp alcoholic drinks for gamblers. This practice is banned under Maryland gaming regulations.
However, you can get free soft drinks, water, coffee and tea during your visit. There are self-serve stations so you can help yourself to fountain drinks, coffee, etc. while gaming.
Overall, while drinks aren‘t free, they have fair prices and great options to quench your thirst!
Why the Mint Doesn‘t Comp Alcohol
You‘re probably wondering…why doesn‘t the Mint offer free alcoholic drinks like some other casinos? There are a few reasons:
Maryland laws – The state prohibits "comping" drinks to incentivize gambling. They want to discourage problem gambling behaviors.
Business model – The Mint makes money off gaming, not hotels and restaurants like Vegas. So free drinks don‘t fit their financial model.
Liability – Free alcohol can lead to overconsumption and safety issues. They want to limit liability.
Costs – Complimentary drinks are super expensive for casinos. Avoiding free booze helps their bottom line.
So in summary, their drink policies are structured to follow regulations, match their business objectives, and promote responsible drinking.
Scoring Free Drinks at Other Casinos
Now I know your next question is probably: What about other casinos? Can I score free drinks if I go elsewhere?
The answer is maybe! Many casinos provide complimentary drinks to guests under certain circumstances. Here are some of the ways you can potentially get free drinks while gaming at other venues:
- Gambling for long periods, especially at higher stakes
- Being a member of the casino‘s player loyalty program
- Betting above a minimum amount ($25+ per hand at tables)
- Progressive betting – increasing your bets over time
- Special promotions like "happy hour" for loyalty members
- Participating in bar games like video poker
According to industry data, casinos invest an average of $1 billion annually in alcoholic drinks given away for free to patrons!
However, every casino has different rules, so free booze is never a sure thing. Make sure to check the policy where you‘re playing.
And remember to enjoy those free cocktails in moderation! Don‘t let them impair your judgement while gambling.
Drinking Responsibly at the Mint Gaming Hall
Okay, lecture time is over – let‘s get back to having fun at the Mint!
I want to share some tips to help you drink responsibly:
- Stay hydrated with water
- Pace yourself – it‘s not a race!
- Don‘t drink on an empty stomach
- Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Know your limits and stop before you get drunk
- Don‘t drive intoxicated – get a rideshare
- Monitor your consumption – # of drinks
- Eat foods that slow alcohol absorption (cheese, bread)
The Mint staff are really professional and will cut off anyone acting noticeably intoxicated. You don‘t want to get in that situation!
Most importantly, be safe and make smart choices. Don‘t let alcohol ruin your good time.
Delicious Non-Alcoholic Drinks
If you‘re skipping the booze, or maybe want to alternate, the Mint has amazing non-alcoholic beverages:
- Soft drinks – Coke, Sprite, ginger ale, soda water
- Fruit juices – orange, cranberry, pineapple
- Iced tea – sweet, unsweet, flavored
- Lemonade – original or strawberry
- Hot and iced coffee
- Hot chocolate and specialty drinks
- Flavored sparkling waters
- Energy drinks like Red Bull
- Shirley Temples and other fun mocktails!
You can also order any drink at the bar alcohol-free. Gotta stay hydrated with all that gaming action!
Other Comps at the Mint Gaming Hall
While you may not get free drinks at the Mint, they do offer other great comps and rewards for loyal patrons like you through their Parx Rewards player club program.
Here are some of the perks you can earn:
- Free slot play credits
- Points redeemable for rewards like dining and merchandise
- Special offers via mail and email
- Personal casino hosts for high-tier players
- Exclusive events and tournaments
- Complimentary parking/valet
- And more!
The more you play, the more rewards you‘ll unlock. Make sure to sign up for a player card on your next visit to start reaping those sweet benefits!
Some key membership tiers are:
|Tier||Point Requirement||Key Perks|
|Player||0 points||Base rewards|
|Premium||15,000+ points||Bonus cash, discounts|
|Elite||75,000+ points||Free valet, VIP access|
Pretty cool, right? Even if you don‘t get comped drinks, Parx Rewards can really enhance your experience and savings at the Mint.
The Bottom Line
Let me sum up everything we just covered:
- Drinks aren‘t free at the Mint Gaming Hall – they need to be purchased
- But they have fairly-priced beer, wine, cocktails and non-alcoholic options
- Maryland prohibits comped drinks but you may find them in other states
- Always drink responsibly when gaming and never drive impaired
- Make sure to join the Parx Rewards club to earn comps and rewards
Well there you have it – everything you could want to know about drinking at the Mint Gaming Hall! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Wishing you good luck and great fun if you decide to visit. Thanks for reading!