Do you want the best data migration tool to easily transfer data between systems? These top best data migration tools enable you to move data among systems, migrate applications, and maintain/upgrade activities.
Data migration is the act of transferring data between systems. The transfer systems can either be file formats or data storage types. In data migration, data is transferred from the old system to a new system via a specific mapping pattern.
The mapping patterns have designs for data load and data extraction activities. The designs functions as a translator between the old data type and the new system formats. This, therefore, ensures a smoother data migration.
Top 22 Best Data Migration Tools
1. IRI NextForm
IRI NextForm is a data migration tool available in various editions as database migration utility and standalone data. It enables you to convert: file formats such as JSON or LDIF to XML or CSV; database schema such as Oracle to MongoDB, relational to data vault or star, etc.; endian states such as big to little; data types such as packed decimal to numeric; and legacy data stores such as ACUCOBOL Vision to MS SQL targets.
Features of IRI NextForm:
- IRI NextForm builds batch scripts or job tasks to monitor, schedule, and execute from the command line, GUI, etc.
- Its data manipulation and definition metadata are in simple/self-documenting 4GL text files. These text files are also represented in diagrams, outlines, and dialogs for easy modification and understanding.
- IRI NextForm uses standard drivers such as Kafka, MQTT, and ODBC for data transfer. It also supports HDFS, cloud, and local file systems.
- It supports about two hundred modern data targets/sources and legacy, with more API calls or custom I/O procedures.
- It graphically migrates, profiles, and reaches data in IRI Workbench, which is a familiar and free Eclipse IDE for job management, deployment, and design.
Xplenty is a data migration tool and a cloud-based data integration platform. The tool acts as a complete toolkit that you can use to build data pipelines. Xplenty offers solutions for developers, customer support, sales, and marketing. These solutions are available for advertising, hospitality, and retail industries. It is a scalable and elastic platform.
Features of Xplenty:
- Xplenty supports SQL, SFTP, DB2, Teradata, and Oracle servers.
- It enables you to easily connect to legacy systems on-premise and migrate data from them.
- The tool offers the features of connecting to legacy systems.
- It provides features for easy migration and also enables you to migrate to the cloud.
This tool is suitable for synchronization and database migration. DBConvert Studio supports the most renowned on-premises databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
Suppose you’re going for a large data storage volume. In that case, it’s advisable to consider migrating databases to any of these cloud platforms such as Heroku Postgres, Google Cloud SQL, MS Azure SQL, Amazon, and Aurora/RDS.
Features of DBConvert Studio:
- It provides a flexible in-built scheduler that you can use to launch tasks at a particular time without running GUI.
- You can reassign DBConvert Studio’s source table to an existing Target table.
- It enables you to apply filters to extract the relevant data from the Source database.
- You can easily map all data types for all Target tables as separate tables.
- It allows you to also rename all database objects during migration.
- It permits the following three data migration scenarios: Bidirectional synchronization, One-way synchronization, Source to Target migration.
This tool is owned by Amazon. AWS Data Migration is great for cloud data migration. The tool enables you to migrate databases to AWS in an easy and safe manner.
Features of AWS Data Migration:
- You can use AWS Data Migration for continuous data migration because of its high availability.
- The data migration tool is very flexible, and you can easily use it to migrate data between the most widely used open-source and commercial databases.
- AWS Data Migration enables the source databases to stay completely operational all through the migration activity.
- The tool also minimizes the downtime of the application to a remarkable extent.
- It supports heterogeneous and homogeneous migrations like Oracle to Microsoft SQL (heterogeneous), Oracle to Oracle (homogeneous), etc.
This tool is owned by IBM. Informix is a tool repository that you can use to move data from one IBM database to another. The tool supports homogeneous data migrations.
Features of Informix (IBM):
- Informix can carry out high-speed data checking transfers using utilities such as a high-performance loader, Non-logging tables, load and unloading utility, DB load utility, DB import &DB export utility, etc.
- The tool also performs data migration between servers.
- Informix supports data migration among various operating systems such as Linux, UNIX, etc.
Azure Document DB is a data migration tool that is owned by Microsoft. Azure DocumentDB is a great tool that you can use to move data from different data sources.
Features of Azure DocumentDB:
- Azure DocumentDB supports .NET frameworks 4.5.1 or higher versions and a variety of Windows OS.
- With this tool, you can easily import data from any of the following sources: HBase, Amazon Dynamo DB, Azure Document DB, Azure Table storage, JSON files, MongoDB, SQL, and CSV files.
Rsync is an excellent tool that can be used to efficiently transfer data across computer systems. Rsync enables you to migrate data according to the file size and time stamp.
Features of Rsync:
- Rsyncuses SSH to connect to the remote system and then invokes the Rsync of the remote host to find out the part of the data that needs to be moved over the secure connection.
- The tool processes act as a receiver and sender to create a data transfer connection between peers. Rsync can carry out remote and local data transfer by forming peer connections.
- Rsync works better with Unix-like systems. It functions as a data transfer program and file synchronization.
EMC Rainfinity is owned by Dell EMC Corporation. This data migration tool is customized to enable businesses to minimize storage management costs.
Features of EMC Rainfinity:
- EMC Rainfinity’s prime features include flexibility, availability, and scalability.
- The data migration tool introduces files into the environment via light-weight and simple solutions, providing a great solution to its clients.
- It has an easy-to-use wizard that enables you to easily move files across CAS and NAS.
- EMC Rainfinity implements an automated file. It archives algorithms that carry out data migration across NAS environments and heterogeneous servers.
This tool is a web-based data loader app. Configero Data Loader improves the activities of deleting, updating, and inserting Salesforce data. The tool is well-known for handling errors as errors are shown in the grid, therefore enabling the direct editing of errors.
Features of Configero Data Loader:
- Configero Data Loader has powerful multi-column filtering that enables you to carry out final edits before data loading.
- The tool offers basic support for mass editing and comes with integrated error handling.
- It provides external ID supports and enables you to save field mappings.
Brocade’s Data Migration Manager is a performance-oriented, powerful, and innovative solution for managing performance data migration activities. The tool is owned by Brocade. DMM functions effectively in a heterogeneous storage environment.
Features of Brocade’s DMM:
- DMM offers an excellent feature that allows you to detect the migration time in advance. This feature enables you to plan budget, resources, and time associated with the migration activity.
- The tool optimizes migrations across SANs (Storage Area Networks) with a simple setup facility.
- It provides a high throughput speed of about 1TB hourly.
- It is a fast and easily-deployed data migration software used for enterprise environments.
HDS Universal Replicator is a software that offers enterprise-level storage system replication. It delivers business continuity at a time. The tool can work with heterogeneous operating systems.
Features of HDS Universal Replicator:
- HDS Universal Replicator allows you to copy data from any supported device to any permitted device irrespective of the protocol differences or the operating systems.
- The tool minimizes the consumption of resources and offers crucial data protection.
- It offers recovery solutions and strong data management. It can also replicate data to one or more remote sites.
Informatica Cloud Data Wizard is a great Salesforce application that enables you to effortlessly synchronize custom and common Salesforce objects with CSV files and SaaS applications like cloud storage (like Box) and NetSuite. The tool is a flexible next-generation loader that can be used by any user.
Features of Informatica Cloud Data Wizard:
- Informatica Cloud Data Wizard offers in-app integration to improve its user productivity.
- It enables salesforce admins to perform on-the-fly transformations and create connections with external applications.
- The tool has Prebuilt integration templates that enable you to choose Salesforce objects.
13. Apex Data Loader
Apex Data Loader is a data migration tool and a Salesforce product. This tool is a java-based app that processes bulk insert, deletes, and updates command on every data object. It allows you to generate queries to extract data utilizing the Apex Web Service API.
Features of Apex Data Loader:
- Apex Data Loader has an in-built CSV file viewer. It is supported on Windows XP and Windows7.
- It offers support for both custom and local objects.
- The tool has an easy-to-use wizard interface; it supports huge files with millions of rows.
- It acts as an easy-to-use graphical tool that enables you to get your data into Salesforce objects.
This tool is an open architecture product. It offers unique flexibility to users to help them solve integration and migration issues in the best way possible. The tool is easy to adopt for application integration, big data, data integration, etc.
Features of Talend Open Studio:
- Talend Open Studio maintains the integrity and precision of data throughout the migration process.
- The tool simplifies ETL processes for multiple and large data sets.
This tool’s solutions consist of all levels of data migration comprehensively. Rocket Data Migration is created to improve the established migration processes with the minimum effort. It simultaneously offers any level of supports needed during the migration.
Features of Rocket Data Migration
- Rocket Data Migration reduces the migration activities interference in meeting the day-to-day objectives.
- It minimizes storage costs. This, therefore, enhances return on investment.
- The tool ensures that there is data integrity. It does this by safeguarding against data loss or corruption.
16. Data Migrator
Data Migrator is a powerful and great automated tool. It simplifies ETL procedures (extract, transfer, load) easily. Data Migrator is a product of information builders organization.
Features of Data Migrator
- Data Migrator has an excellent feature of ETL management processes in a protected environment.
- It enables admins to easily review and monitor job queues, job logs, job statistics, schedule, and start jobs.
- It also ensures the administration of migration activities and efficient remote review.
- Data Migrator provides end-to-end and fast heterogeneous data migration. It, therefore, offers seamless integration.
- The tool is great in data marts, operational data stores, and the expansion data warehouses.
- It is the most flexible data migration tool and can work with data from all the platforms.
This data migration tool functions as a CLI (command-line interface) tool that can be used to transfer data between Magento interfaces. The tool tracks the transfer progress, generates logs, verifies unity among Magento database structures, and runs verification tests to ensure accuracy.
This tool provides a one-click solution that enables you to automatically migrate files from one computer to another with no loss of data. EaseUS Todo PC Trans supports common apps such as Firefox, Google Chrome, QuickBooks, Adobe Software, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, etc.
It provides a Todo Backup that consists of a tool known as Migrate OS to HDD/SSD. It allows you to copy a system drive to an HDD or SDD. On the other hand, the tool can clone an HDD to an SSD and requires no windows installation to do this.
19. Starfish ETL
Starfish ETL offers a precise, powerful, flexible, and fast solution to data migration issues. The tool possesses a rapid pace and enables you to move the data easily. It makes sure that data is migrated to meet the requirements of the new platform where it’s going to be moved.
JitterBit Data Loader functions as a simplified wizard-based Data management tool. It has click configuration and graphical point. The tool can handle bulk insert, load, delete, and query. It carries out the maintenance of automatic backup to the jitterbit cloud to control operations from any device.
Oracle Data Migration Utility is a data migration tool that offers an end-to-end solution for database migrations. The tool has scalable architecture used for migration that significantly minimizes effort and downtime requirements throughout data conversion.
The tool performs a validation mode to make sure that data is rightly encoded in Unicode. It does this by providing basic health on possible problems.
Microsoft Data Migration Assistant allows you to work with a modern data platform. It does this by spotting compatibility difficulties that affect database performance on new servers such as Azure SQL Database and SQL Server.
The tool supports data and schema movement from the source server to the target server. Microsoft Data Migration Assistant is widely used to upgrade most SQL Server versions.
This article has thoroughly looked into the various top best data management tools alongside their distinctive features. You can choose the best-suited solution depending on which of these tools add more revenue and value to the customer or organization.
Lastly, we can assert that different tools function best for different occasions, and the best-suited depends on the task at hand.