Choosing a Vitrine for your home can be difficult. Vitrines come in so many different styles, shapes, and colors making it hard to know where to start.
There are many options that you have when it comes to Vitrines, and figuring out which one is right for you can seem like an impossible task. Luckily for you, there are some easy tips that will help you choose the perfect Vitrine for your space!
1. What Is A Vitrine?
Vitrines are often used in retail stores, museums, and homes to showcase items that the owner wants to proudly show off. They can be made from a range of materials including wood or glass.
These are the perfect display cabinets where your most valuable items go. Most people, however, choose clear tempered glass because it not only looks great for showcasing your treasures but it is also easy to clean. Ensure to conduct extensive research to help you decide on the best type of vitrine to invest in.
2. How To Choose The Perfect One For Your Home
You have these items as a great way to display your favorite, most meaningful items. They can be used as a stand-alone piece of furniture or combined with other pieces for a complete look.
It is the perfect solution if you want to show off some family heirlooms that have been passed down through generations and take pride of place in your home.
A vitrine may not be an ideal choice in your home theatre room but if you are creative enough you can make the most of this opportunity. However, if you are looking for small home theater seating then you must visit Watsons as they have a range of products available.
3. Consider A High Quality Vitrine
The quality of the vitrine you choose will play a huge part in ensuring that your item is not only durable but also easy to maintain. These are important factors as they'll be part and parcel in ensuring the durability of your valuables. Consider an item built with durable and long lasting materials.
Glass has been found to help increase the longevity of vitrines, especially when built in tandem with substances that are of superior quality. Glass thickness, wood, or metal quality, as well as the base construction should be considerations that could help determine the quality of the whole structure. Needless to mention is the fact that maintenance will be a key factor in helping enhance and boost the longevity of the vitrine.
4. Different Types Of Vitrines
Vitrines come in many different shapes and sizes, each one suited for a specific purpose or design and style. Below are different vitrine styles to help you make an informed decision in choosing the perfect show window for your home:
- Vitrines with glass doors are great for displaying items.
- Vitrines which are tall and thin, often with a glass door and one shelf at the bottom work well in narrow hallways or entryways. They look best when decorated to match your hallway decor
- Vitrinas that come with adjustable shelves allow you to fit them into any space
- Vitrinas with wood and metal frames go well in rustic homes. They also add warmth to the room
- Vitrinas made of laminate are durable which make them suitable for use in a family home or kids' rooms
- Vitrinas with metal frames and glass doors are a good choice for your living room. You can place them in the corner to add some extra storage space
- Vitrines create a nice gallery wall that you can decorate with your favorite items or photography. They are great for displaying porcelain, glassware, and china sets so you can enjoy them all year round!
5. Go All Natural
This means picking natural colors and most importantly, the linens around your display cabinet case should be naturally sourced. The fabric should have enough permeating effects to allow natural light and block extra light at the same time.
Wood is a great material but it all depends on the type of wood you decide to invest in when it comes to vitrine equipment. Brown seems to be the best color in natural wood aesthetics. It goes well with glass and doesn't fade with time.
Just because you have a vitrine is no reason not to accessorize it. You have area rug options that will greatly help to accessorize the placement. Not to mention is the fact that you could use pillows around the vitrine, shells, and other ornamentals to give your casing the artistic touch it deserves.
Place your display glass case in an area that is less trafficked to avoid damages. If your aim is to display valuable artifacts in your home, the hallway can be a great location for it. But be careful, especially if you have kids around the house, or pets, as they can take advantage of your absence and start exploring.
A vitrine is a showcase that displays items in an aesthetically pleasing way to show off your treasures. It can be used in homes, offices, or living spaces for any number of purposes such as displaying collectibles and memorabilia, showcasing artwork, storing jewelry and important documents, even organizing kids’ toys!