Do you want to create a database structure from a diagram and effortlessly form a perfect data structure according to your need? These top best data modeling tools are the best choices for you.
Model your Data with the Best Data Modeling Tools
Data modeling is a means of building a data model that stores data in a database. It represents the data objects, the association between numerous data objects, and the rules. Data design tools enable you to build a database structure using diagrams, making it easier to create a better data structure needed.
Top 22 Best Data Modeling Tools
1. Erwin Data Modeler
This data modeling tool is used to create conceptual, physical, and logical data models. Erwin Data Is a data modeling tool that helps you create the actual database using the physical model.
Features of Erwin Data Modeler:
- Erwin data modeling tool enables you to model data from anywhere.
- It gives centralize collaboration and model management to technical users and business users.
- Erwin Data Modeler uses data standards to run drive data quality
- This tool has a graphical environment that is easy to use.
- It compares the database and model automatically.
- This Data modeling tool helps to reverse engineering as well as synchronize forward data definition code.
- It helps you extract data from ERP, CRM, etc. for proper modeling.
This data modeling tool is an economical solution for modelers and enterprise architects. It supports visualization, description, and analysis of architecture across business domains.
Features of Archi:
- You can intuitively and quickly create all Archimate elements with ArchiMate views.
- This data modeling tool gives dynamic viewpoints that enable you to alter the Archimate viewpoint at any time.
- Archi data modeling tool possesses a hint view that provides element information at any time.
- This modeling tool shows other model elements, selected model elements, and how it relates to other models’ elements in a radical-tree graphic.
- It helps you brainstorm your ideas
- The tool allows you to edit and great your canvas.
3. SQL DBM
This modeling tool enables you to easily design your database on any browser.
Features of SQL DBM:
- This data modeling tool allows you to easily manage small and large data models and databases.
- It helps you to import an existing database scheme.
- This software allows you to create an ERD or physical model of your database and add their relationship, column, tables, and database.
4. Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
This database modeling tool is a diagram design tool for maintaining object-oriented features, building, documentation, and modeling.
Features of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect:
- This modeling tool helps you manage your projects effectively.
- It gives high-performance model storage.
- Sparx System Enterprise Architect gives end-to-end traceability.
- It has a powerful documentation generation.
5. Toad Data Modeler
This data modeling tool maximizes productivity with built-in expertise, intuitive workflows, and extensive animation. Toad Data Modeler facilitates the highest level of quality and manages code change.
Features of Toad Data Modeler:
- This data modeling tool gives quick access to key data for single-click and in-place analysis export to an Excel instance.
- It identifies differences easily by syncing and comparing schemas, data, and servers.
- It directly rollbacks transactions from the transaction log without restoring from a backup.
- It has strong query tuning capabilities
- Execute T-SQL snippets and scripts for numerous servers and instances.
- Toad repeats processes like schema and data comparisons
- It gives performance health checks benchmarked from the community
- It uses optimization and query rewrite to conduct application performance.
PgModeler is an open data modeling tool for editing and creating database models using an intuitive interface. PgModeler helps create basic objects such as a single column that helps the user define language, function, and operators.
Features of PgModeler:
- This data modeling tool possesses an additional feature that promotes translatable user interface and geospatial data types.
- It generates constraints and column automatically.
- PgModeler uses a reversible engineering process to build a reliable model established upon an existing database
- It gives complete access to the generated file contents as well as source code.
- It enables you to restore a previous job in case of failure.
- It possesses a validation feature that produces an error-free database model automatically.
- The majority of these data modeling features can be customized.
- PgModeler can synchronize both database and model using SQL scripts.
- This database modeler automates processes using Command Line Interface (CLI).
- It enables you to report models to PNG file, SQL file, or PostgreSQL server directly.
7. DeZign for Databases
DeZign data modeling tool enables you to visualize database structure to understand the existing database and create a new database.
Features of DeZign for Databases:
- DeZign modeler gives developers a robust and easy to use data modeling tool.
- This tool helps you to visually make Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).
- With this tool, you can use zoom window and pan to navigate large diagrams.
- This data modeling tool has large data modeling techniques.
This data modeling tool has data modeling software that helps Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and Architecture modeling language (ArchiMate). It possesses a centralized reposition model that helps to easily models collaboration simultaneously.
Features of GenMyModel:
- This data modeling tool enables you to integrate the desktop modeling tool’s power using a modern web solution.
- It helps you share your knowledge with access and versioning right management.
- It enables you to directly export or import as PDF documents.
- *It is useful for presentations to project stockholders and management.
This data modeling tool provides various business-specific add-ons that create flowcharts, data visualization, diagrams, and infographics for the business process model.
Features of ConceptDraw:
- This data modeling tool gives comprehensive and robust drawing tools.
- It enables you to enhance your presentation techniques and provide communication processes.
- It enables you to use important business track and metrics with live object technology.
10. Valentina Studio
This data modeling tool helps administer, create MariaDB, SQLite databases, PostgreSQL, and MySQL for free. You can run diagnostics, see live logs, manage rights, and remove/add users, groups with this tool.
Features of Valentina Studio:
- This data modeling tool provides diagramming and schema editing.
- The tool offers local Valentina forms with your data.
- It designs to print and view Valentina reports.
- This data modeling tool manages SQL queries.
This data modeling tool is used to document important data elements, attributes, objects, and their interaction in data models. You can define business and conceptual processes that represent business goals with this tool.
Features of ER/Studio:
- This data modeling tool enables you to carryout naming standard templates to different entities, attributes, and models.
- This tool enables you to define business-area specific glossary terms to display the corporate structure and integrate it into data models.
- This data modeling tool allows you to share data and models across enterprises.
- IDERA provides a Safyr solution that analyzes the complex structure of ERP or CRM software.
12. Software Ideas Modeler
This data modeling tool is a smart diagram software that possesses modeling languages like flowcharts, ArchiMate, SysML, BPMN, and UML.
Features of Software Ideas Modeler:
- Software Ideas Modeler allows easy layout and Diagramming
- It helps you with your software
- This data modeling tool easily describes and identifies use cases.
- This tool offers a perfect user interface diagram for drawing drafts, mock-ups of your wireframes, and application forms
13. Visible Analyst
This data modeling software helps you integrate legacy systems, develop a data warehouse, and design e-business applications with new enterprise applications. Visible Analyst data modeling tool tends to make data analytics processes simple.
Features of Visible Analyst:
- Visible Analyst possesses powerful modeling capabilities.
- It helps to develop a schema for XML and SQL.
- This software provides forward and reverses database engineering.
- It helps you document and store data and objects that application developers can share throughout the company.
14. Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
This data modeling tool simplifies multiple data modeling tasks and increases productivity.
Features of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler:
- This data modeling tool enables you to edit, create data type, and multi-dimensional models.
- The tool has reversed as well as forward engineering capabilities.
- It helps collaborative development with source code control.
- The database modeling tool is used in cloud and traditional environment
15. IBM InfoSphere Data Architect
This database modeling tool is a solution that accelerates and simplifies data integration design for statistics and business intelligence. IBM InfoSphere Data Architect helps to align processes, architectures, applications, and services.
Features of IBM InfoSphere Data Architect:
- It gives easy and rapid development.
- It enables you to understand data assets that help enhance efficiency and reduce time
- The tool provides integration and collaboration.
- It helps you to export and import mapping.
- It helps to uncover the structure of heterogeneous data sources through analyzing metadata.
- The tool uses the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage source control.
- It helps to create logical and physical models
- The tool helps the integration of related products like query workload tuner and data studio.
This database modeling tool is a manager and database designer for any cloud or NoSQL, SQL database. DbSchema data modeling tool makes you interact and design with the database scheme, use the database to synchronize the schema, create comprehensive reports and documents, work offline, and so much more.
Features of DbSchema:
- DbSchema has auto completion and SQL Editor
- It has reports and forms
- This modeling tool has a Data loader
- The tool has interactive Layouts
- It has Relational Data Browse
- It has a Random Data Generator
- The tool has HTML5 documentation
- It has Schema synchronization
- The tool possesses Visual Query Builder
DbWrench is a database synchronization and design application that supports cross-database and cross-platform. This tool can be used to directly edit the database in the diagram you have created.
Features of DbWrench:
- DbWrench enables you to select ER notation.
- It helps you generate HTML documents.
- It possesses a navigator window that works with a large diagram.
- You can effortlessly add a column quickly.
- DbWrench uses one mouse to create an updated DDL SQL script.
- The tool gives reversible engineering in the existing database.
- DbWrench supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and oracle with a single license.
- The SQL editor automatically completes the written code in the program and highlight syntax.
18. DTM Data Modeler
This data modeling tool is a data management software program customized for database developers to reverse engineering and support forward. DTM Data Modeler enables you to work with physical and logical data models.
Features of DTM Data Modeler:
- DTM Data Modeler offers renowned entity-relationship modeling notation.
- It enables you to work with the Microsoft SQLServer database and DB2 database.
- DTM Data Modeler supports OLE DB or Oracle, ODBC, IDAPI interface.
- This data modeling tool supports Windows 7, Vista, XP, and server 2016, 2012, 2008, and 2003.
DbDesigner.net is an online Modeling Tool and Database Schema Design. This modeling tool allows you to generate a database without wiring any SQL code.
Features of DbDesigner.net:
- net is a fast and reliable DataBase design software
- The tool has a convenient UI for Modeling
- It enables you to start from scratch or import existing database
- net provides the sharing of projects and team collaboration within the organization.
This data Modeling tool is the foremost comprehensive version used for professional modeling. Clear layout and Modern design distinguish this desktop application from others.
Features of MagicDraw:
- MagicDraw adds new features constantly based on the feedback provided by users.
- It has floating licenses that enable you to save significantly if multiple developers to use MagicDraw for a particular period
- You can run the software in many applications once you purchase it.
- The learning period is short, and the learning is straightforward.
- MagicDraw expert team provides 24-hour free supports.
This data modeling tool is an ETL or ELT platform and cloud-based data integration that streamlines data processing. It enables you to visualize and create simple data pipelines efficiently for your data warehouse.
The workflow engine of Xplenty will enable you to schedule and orchestrate data pipelines. The tool has features that help you prepare, process, and integrate data for analytics on the cloud.
Features of Xplenty:
- This data modeling tool efficiently prepares and centralizes data for business intelligence.
- Xplenty has no-code and low-code ETL capabilities, which make the platform convenient for anyone to use.
- It transforms and transfers data between data warehouses and databases.
- It gives more than a hundred connectors that data from different SaaS applications and data stores.
22. Database Deployment Manager
Database Deployment Manager is a modeling tool that can be used on different platforms. The tool is used by DBA to create queries, tables, etc. It supports Linux Operating Systems and Microsoft Windows. The tool also supports SQLite, MySQL, and CUBRID for database platforms.
Features of Database Deployment Manager:
- Database Deployment Manager uses an object-oriented process for populating numerous databases
- It has reverse engineering.
- In this database tool, tables are made using object-oriented programming concepts.
- Database Deployment Manager has a document generator.
- It enables you to create data-types that can be used for the table’s column.
- Tables can be imported from the databases
- Database Deployment Manager enables you to authenticate database design.
This article has looked into different Data Modeling Tools. We can conclude that ER/Studio is the best data modeling tool for retaining consistency between databases and models. PowerDesign gives a significant number of databases. Erwin data modeling tool can work with unstructured and structured data from the cloud. Oracle SQL Developer is a free data modeling tool with good functionalities and features.
Archi functions as an open-source data modeling tool that helps create ArchiMate models. SQL DBM modeling tool is also a free tool with good qualities that can be accessed in the new version. Database Deployment Manager is a useful tool that is helpful for object-oriented modeling. Sparx Enterprise Architect data modeler can work with large and complex data. MySQL Workbench is a data modeling tool that offers a user-friendly GUI.