When buying affordable items, many people do not always think about the terms and conditions of the company. One of the most important things is to be aware of the return policies before making any purchase.
Costco is known for its affordable prices of mattresses but also has a really good return policy. That’s why a lot of customers want to shop there.
Not only will you be getting an excellent return policy, but also, you are getting a high-quality product and a risk-free 100% guarantee on their mattresses.
Why Mattress return policy is important?
When it comes to mattresses, it is hard to know right away if it has any defects or does not give you the comfort you are looking for.
That’s why it is better to use it for a few months, maybe a year, and if it does not meet your expectations, you can return it.
This is the reason why Costco’s return policy is among the most flexible out there.
What is Costco's return policy?
Risk-Free 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee at any time if you are dissatisfied.
On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price*, with the following exceptions:
- Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, water heaters, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Smart Watches, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).
- Our Costco Concierge Services representatives are available to assist with technical support and warranty information for many of the products above. You’ll find a list of eligible items here.
- Diamonds: 1.00ct or larger: Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also present all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) at which time they will receive a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, our Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect for authenticity.
- Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
- Products with a limited useful life expectancy, such as tires and batteries, may be sold with a product-specific limited warranty.
- Special Order Kiosk and Custom Installed Programs: Custom product(s) manufactured to our member’s personal and unique specifications cannot be returned or refunded, except for warranty repair/replacement due to failure to meet specifications.
How to return or replace your Costco mattress
As I already mentioned, Costco provides you with quality mattresses at affordable prices that are risk-free and have a 100% guarantee. They offer you a variety of reasons to return or replace your mattress.
You can return or replace it if you no longer want the product if you are not satisfied with it, the item is not the one you ordered, you bought it by mistake, because of box damage, duplicated items, and if the shipment is lost. A whole lot of reasons if you ask me.
Costco is offering two options to request a return. You can make a request online on their website or return it directly to their warehouse.
If you want to do that online, you need to follow these steps. First, log into your account, select “order and returns,” click on the “return items,” and follow the steps. You will then receive a return label, or you can schedule a pick-up when acceptable. If your item is larger, you’ll get an e-mail with additional instructions.
All of the items you are returning will be 100% refunded, along with the shipping and handling fees. You’ll get your refund on the credit card you used to pay for your order.
The second option is to return the item directly to their warehouse, and you can do that by going to any Costco location. However, the payment methods may be different online and in the warehouse. For more information, go to their website.
Costco won’t return your mattress only if it’s damaged in any way.
What happens if you abuse the return policy?
When a return policy is that flexible and good, you have to expect sometimes to be abused. Some of the people will try in any way to get what they want. But any abuse comes with a price.
For example, if you purchase your mattress and use it for ten years and decide that is not the one for you, but you haven’t had time to return it, that’s abuse. Or maybe if you are returning your mattresses multiple times, that is also called abuse.
If you are one of those people, the retailer can cancel your membership at any time if you are abusing their return policy. If you want to return a mattress, you need to have a good reason for that.
Can someone else return your mattress?
If you are the membership cardholder who purchased the mattress, you must also be the one to return it. Only the people that are listed as household members on your membership can return it for you.
The only exception is if you buy the mattress as a gift. So, if the recipient wants the gifted mattress returned, they can do that but only with the buyer’s membership card number.
Returning mattresses to Costco is a piece of cake. You can do that either online or in-store; it depends on how you purchased the item. No time period is given for the return, and the refunds are processed quickly.
Also, you don’t need to return the item in the original package like most companies. Plus, if you are a member and you use your Costco membership to purchase the item, you won’t need a receipt to return it.