Are you wondering how to interpret, organize, and evaluate your data, making it look presentable? These top best data analysis tools will help you analyze your data with ease.
What is Data Analysis?
Data analysis is the system of working on data to explain, arrange, and make it look presentable and find a conclusion from the data. Data analysis is also carried out to find the necessary details from the data to make rational decisions.
Since data analysis is carried out for decision making, it’s crucial to know its primary aim. The primary aim of Data analysis is the organization, evaluation, and interpretation of data to render it presentable.
Below are several data analysis tools available in the market. This list will guide you to make the right decision in finding the best data analysis tool.
Top Best Data Analysis Tools
Microsoft BI is a general term used for services and tools that supports data reporting, data analysis, data quality management, data integration, data storage, and ingestion.
- Features of Microsoft Business Intelligence
- Microsoft BI has high-security controls.
- It carries out ad-hoc reporting.
- It has self-service business intelligence
- It can carry out data management and data visualization.
- It supports streaming and batch analytics
- It can carry out multiple data integration
- It stores data on cloud, hybrid, and on-premises.
This data analysis tool provides a cloud-based solution for ETL and data integration. Xplenty consists of powerful on-platform transformation tools. They help with transforming, normalizing, and cleaning their data according to compliance best practices. Xplenty helps you visualize and create data pipelines to your data lake or data warehouse.
- Features of Xplenty
- Xplenty provides no-code/low-code options.
- It supports 24/7 chat, online, phone, and email meetings.
- It has a Rest API connector that enables you to pull in data from various Rest API.
- It supports over 100 pre-built connectors.
- It helps you carry out data transfer between data lakes, data warehouse, and databases.
- Xplenty efficiently prepares, transforms, and centralizes data analysis.
- It possesses an intuitive graphic interface that enables you to implement ETLT, ELT, ETL, or replication.
HubSpot is a data analysis tool that provides a Marketing Analytic Software that enables you to carry out marketing campaigns’ performance measurement. HubSpot functions as an all-in-one Inbound Marketing Software that helps your entire team with various features such as analytics, lead management, marketing automation, email, landing page, blogging, etc.
- Features of HubSpot
- HubSpot allows you to carry out site’s performance analysis using key website metrics.
- It has various features that enable you to create action-tracking events on websites. This feature enables you to know the client’s behavior and also trigger automation workflows.
- HubSpot helps break down any report by the company-level or contact properties in your database.
- It enables you to track the entire client lifecycle (from the loyal customer to the anonymous visitor) using HubSpot Marketing Analytics Software.
With Tableau Public, you can create maps, dashboards, applications, graphs, and charts. Tableau Public helps you publish and share all your creations. The tool works on Mac and Windows OS.
Tableau Public offers solutions for server and desktop and also has an online solution. Tableau Online enables you to carry out data connection from anywhere. Tableau Public offers six products such asTableau Reader, Tableau Public, Tableau Prep, Tableau Online, Tableau Server, and Tableau Desktop.
- Features of Tableau Public
- It offers functionalities such as immediate results. This enables you to select and edit the values directly.
- It allows you to connect with Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, and cloud database using Tableau Online.
- With Tableau Public, you can join datasets according to your location.
- It allows you to see the dashboard zones’ preview
- The tool allows you to create highlighters, parameters, and transparent filters.
- Tableau Public offers automatic tablet and phone layouts and allows you to customize them.
This data analysis tool is used for predictive model deployment, text mining, deep learning, machine learning, and data preparation. The tool offers all data prep capabilities. RapidMiner enables data analysts and data scientists to improve their productivity via automated machine learning. With the help of RapidMinerRadoop, you don’t need to write the code to carry out data analysis.
- Features of RapidMiner
- RapidMiner supports team collaboration.
- The tool groups requests and reuses Spark containers to carry out smart optimization of processes.
- RapidMiner supports ranger/sentry, Hadoop impersonation, and Kerberos
- It also supports the management of centralized workflow
- It allows you to use huge datasets for Hadoop’s training.
- RapidMiner possesses a visual workflow designer for Sparx and Hadoop.
- With RapidMiner, there isn’t any need to write the code
- It has in-built security controls.
KNIME is a data analysis tool that helps you create data science services and applications. It is an open-source data analysis tool that helps you build machine learning tools and use advanced algorithms such as logic regression, tree-based methods, and deep learning.
KNIME offers various software such as KNIME Integrations, KNIME Extensions, KNIME Server, and KNIME Analytics platform.
- Features of KNIME
- KNIME Extensions help you extend your platform.
- Its Integrations help you access, export, and import the data from Big Data platforms such as Impala, Hive, and more.
- The Integrations also enable you to integrate with Scripting, AI, machine learning, and Big Data.
- The server provides support for team-based collaboration and automates workflow execution.
- With KNIME, you can design charts according to your requirement.
- It provides data visualization via advanced charts.
- It supports in-memory processing.
- It also supports multi-threaded data processing.
- KNIME helps you build workflows.
- KNIME lets you blend tools from various domains such as machine learning, connectors to Apache Spark, and scripting in R and Python.
- With KNIME, there’s no need for coding skills.
- The tool offers a GUI that helps you create visual workflows by using the drag-and-drop facility.
This tool is a machine learning and data visualization toolkit. Orange is also an open-source system that both beginners and experts can use. Orange supports three operating systems such as Linux, Mac, and Windows. The tool enables you to use visual programming to carry out the data analysis process. The open-source tool offers several regression and classification algorithms.
- Features of Orange
- Orange remembers each choice you make for data analysis and provides suggestions based on that.
- Orange also allows you to select data points from a branch in the dendrogram, a node in a tree, and a scatter plot.
- It enables multiple standard visualizations.
- It enables you to carry out exploratory data analysis.
- It supports intelligent visualization using a great scatter plot.
- Orange offers interactive data visualization.
OpenRefine is an open-source and free data analysis tool that helps you extend, transform, and clean your data even if it is messy. OpenRefine also transforms your data from one form to another. The tool enables you to extend the transformed data using external data and web services. OpenRefine is available in about 14 languages.
- Features of OpenRefine
- OpenRefine enables you to export data in Microsoft Excel, HTML table, CSV, and TSV.
- OpneRefine enables you to import Google Fusion Tables, Google Spreadsheets, JSON, RDF, XML, TSV, and CSV.
- It allows the transforming and cleaning of the data.
- It allows you to upload the data to the central database for some services.
- OpenRefine lets you extend and link the data with web services.
- It also allows you to easily work with large data sets.
Looker enables you to carry data management, visualization, analytics, and business intelligence. Looker is a cloud-based platform that offers drag-and-drop for mapping, role assigning, and elements features. It offers accurate tables and charts for you to easily view the data in a much detailed manner. The tool enables you to create mini-apps that allows you to use the Look ML language.
- Features of Looker
- Looker enables you to design Facebook Ads and Google Ads reports.
- Looker offers an expansion visualization library.
- It takes fresh data directly from the source for visualizations.
- It offers data protection by controlling access to the data and setting permissions.
- For data protection, Looker queries the data, searches the answer, and then saves it in a cache. It automatically clears the cache after thirty days (you can, however, shorten the time).
- The tool offers robust data protection.
This data analysis tool is used for data integration. Talend works with Snowflake, Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS. Talend supports various cloud environments, hybrid, private, and public. It offers commercial and free products. The tool also provides multiple features such as data management, data quality, and data integration.
- Features of Talend
- Talend’s open studio possesses various developing tools and designs.
- You can integrate Talend with various technologies, Packaged Apps, SaaS, and databases.
- With Talend, you don’t have to script for file management.
- Its Open Studio for data integration enables you to merge, enrich, sort, aggregate, and map the data.
- With Talend, you don’t have to do manual coding. Cloud API services enable you to deploy, test, and build.
- It supports IoT and real-time analytics.
- Data integration platform enables you to build cloud apps, flat files, and relational databases 10x faster.
Weka can be used for visualization, association rules mining, clustering, regression, classification, and data preparation. The data analysis tool offers machine learning algorithms used for mining data. Weka works on Linux, Mac, and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Features of Weka
- Weka offers various classification and regression tools.
- Weka functions with large datasets
- It offers a graphical user interface.
R-Programming is a data analysis tool that offers a free software environment. It is a programming language used for graphics and statistical computing. The tool works on UNIX, Mac, and Windows. R-Programming enables you to link FORTRAN, C++, and C code.
- Features of R-Programming
- R language is the major language for most of the standard functions.
- R-Programming carries out time-series analysis.
- You can extend it via extensions and functions.
- It supports clustering and classification.
- R-Programming offers non-linear and linear modeling methods.
Google Fusion Tables is a web app that enables you to share, visualize, and gather information in data tables. It allows you to filter the data from various rows. It also enables you to visualize the data via network graphs, maps, and charts.
- Features of Google Fusion Tables
- Google Fusion Tables allows you to merge two tables. This functionality lets you merge the data of other people.
- After the merging, if there is an updated data of one table, Google Fusion allows you to see the updated data in the merge table.
- It enables you to convert Location tables into maps.
- Google Fusion Tables enables you to publish your data. The published data displays real-time data values.
- With Google Fusion Tables, you can export data in KML or CSV file formats.
- You can programmatically delete, update, and insert the data using Fusion Tables API.
- You can also upload data tables from KML, CSV, and spreadsheets.
- Google Fusion Tables allows you to search/view public fusion tables.
- The tool saves the data to Google Drive automatically.
14. Zoho Analytics
This tool is an analytics platform that lets you visually analyze any data and create insightful dashboards. Zoho Analytics has an AI-powered assistant that enables you to ask various questions and get smart answers as meaningful reports.
- Features of Zoho Analytics
- Zoho Analytics provides white label solutions used for BI/analytics and embedded analytics portals.
- Using ML and AI-powered intelligent assistant,it carries out augmented analytics that helps you understand queries asked in natural language.
- Zoho also provides unified business analytics that helps you analyze data from across various business applications.
- It offers several options for visualization in various forms, such as Custom themed dashboards, KPI widgets, Summary views, Pivot tables, and Charts.
- It provides over a hundred readymade connectors for databases, cloud drives, and popular business applications.
15. Qlik Sense
Qilk Sense is a tool that offers a cloud-based platform and can be used for small and established businesses. It functions with various databases such as Teradata, Sybase, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Impala, and IBM DB2. It is also an analytic platform for any device.
- Features of Qlik Sense
- Qlik Sense offers real-time analytics anywhere and anytime.
- The tool supports smart search.
- It possesses a drag-and-drop feature.
We have come to the end of this article. Having reviewed various top best data analysis tools, we can say that Tableau Public is simple to use and offers various data analysis solutions with multiple functionalities. RapidMiner is an easy-to-use data analysis tool used for machine learning. The tool offers a powerful GUI.
KNIME is also an easy-to-learn and free/open-source analytics platform. Orange offers various widgets for creating unsupervised and supervised learning models. With OpenRefine, working with messy data is quite easy. It supports several file formats to export and import.
Looker provides accurate tables and charts. Using Look ML, Looker enables you to build mini-apps. Talend is an easy-to-use/powerful and well-known ETL integration tool. R-Programming is a data analysis tool used for data science. It offers several functionalities that help carry out data science.